Monday, July 20, 2015

I Made it Monday Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers

I Made it Monday

Two weeks ago I introduced a new plan to kick start my blog and hopefully get me back to posting somewhat regularly. Every week on Monday I will try to post something that I made. This week I'm sharing a favorite summertime grilling recipe. Yes, I know, this has nothing to do with sewing, applique, or even crafting but I said I would post something that I made, and I did make these, and we all eat so why not a great recipe. Plus, there's a neat trick for making almost evenly sized hamburgers and there's nothing wrong with a great recipe and a helpful kitchen trick. If you want to share your IMIM creations please feel free to in the comments or on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/AppliqueTime.


Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers

If you've never checked out allrecipes.com I encourage you to do so. The collection of recipes is wonderful, the search tools are empowering (Don't like an ingredient? Search for recipes without it.) the feedback can often be it's own cooking lesson, and the ability to keep all of my favorite recipes in my own virtual recipe box is fun. 

A while ago I stumbled upon a recipe for bacon wrapped hamburgers. Bacon? Hamburgers? All together? Yes, I'll take it! The worcestershire sauce was an unexpected ingredient for me but it adds a great flavor and the bacon and it's juices cook into the burgers which make them extra juicy. I like to use thick cut bacon and make a bunch of these then individually freeze them so we can have them whenever we want. And here's a great trick that I probably saw on pinterest. Instead of having your meat mixed together in a bowl, taking handfuls, balling them up, and flattening them out only to find that you made them too fat and now have to go back and thin them out some and re-ball them and try again or vice versa (tell me it's not just me) lay your meat on a cutting board and form a rectangle as best as possible then score the meat with a knife to create even sections. They won't be perfect but they'll be close enough.




If you're going to freeze the burgers after you wrap the bacon be sure to freeze them individually then you can put them in a freezer bag and pull them out as needed. If I'm not cooking them fresh I usually take them straight from the freezer and cook them on my George Foreman grill.



Give them a try and let me know what you think. If you've got a great hamburger recipe of your own to share feel free to leave a link in the comments.

Happy Monday!

Bridgette


No comments:

Post a Comment